I requested this recipe after sampling it at a Cub Scout potluck. I often make it the night before, regrigerate it and bake it the next day—Elmeda Johnson, East Grand Forks, Minnesota
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic salt and onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, soup, onion, rice, mushrooms and seasonings; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p218
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Wild Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review