Wild Rice Burgers
I love to add this or that to recipes to create my own taste twists. Wild rice is a popular ingredient here in Minnesota. But the only way my kids will touch it is in these burgers.Amy Barthelemy, Eagan, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a bowl, combine the rice, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, salt and
- pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill or broil until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 6
Wild Rice Burgers make nice autumn fare when served with acorn squash and apple cider.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.