Wild Rice Bread Recipe
"Wild rice is abundant in our state, so I use it in many recipes," shares Dotty Egge of Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. "Combined with caraway, the wild rice lends and excellent flavor to this hearty bread."
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 82 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Wild Rice Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC