Wild Rice Bread Recipe
"Wild rice is abundant in our state, so I use it in many recipes," shares Dotty Egge of Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. "Combined with caraway, the wild rice lends and excellent flavor to this hearty bread."
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Wild Rice Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p33
Reviews for Wild Rice Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review