Wild Rice Barley Salad Recipe
I like this chilled salad because it's out of the ordinary. The rice is tossed with barley, green pepper, olives and cranberries, then coated with a tangy vinaigrette. -Mared Metzger Beling, Eagle River, Alaska
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. In a large serving bowl, combine the rice, barley, green pepper, olives and cranberries.
- 2. In a blender, combine the vinegar, basil, green onion, garlic and pepper. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 274 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Barley Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC