Wild Rice Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Drain if necessary.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, celery, brown sugar and lemon juice. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 198 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Wild Rice Apple Salad
"Love this salad. Had it at a brunch, had to have the recipe. But my friend had used sour cream in place of the yogurt. I like it,not crazy about yogurt. making this salad for the week-end.."