Wild Rice Apple Salad Recipe
You're in for a treat if you've never tasted wild rice from Minnesota! Wild rice is actually a cereal grain that's full of fiber and minerals. It's not only healthful, but delicious-especially when prepared in this dish.
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Drain if necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, celery, brown sugar and lemon juice. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Salad in Country August/September 1990, p51
Reviews for Wild Rice Apple Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2010
Love this salad. Had it at a brunch, had to have the recipe. But my friend had used sour cream in place of the yogurt. I like it,not crazy about yogurt. making this salad for the week-end..