Wild Rice and Turkey Salad
Ginny Schneider of Muenster, Texas serves this tasty main-dish salad for a colorful change of pace. "Spinach and wild rice provide the refreshing difference," she remarks. "Plus it's a great way to use leftover turkey."
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add dressing
- just before serving; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 157 calories, 71 mg sodium, 10 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 14 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now