- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled winter squash
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, squash, onions and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the rice, broth, soy sauce and savory. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 13-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice and Squash Pilaf in Reminisce November/December 1997, p49
Reviews for Wild Rice and Squash Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2011
"Would work with tilapia fish ... have to cook squash ahead and rice I needed to cook longer."