Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup Recipe
Frequently requested at family get-togethers, this rich and hearty soup is ready in a flash. Cooking for a vegetarian? Swap in vegetable stock for the beef broth.—Danielle Noble, Ft. Thomas, Kentucky
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the rice, contents of seasoning packets, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cream and heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 399 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC