Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Frequently requested at family get-togethers, this rich and hearty soup is ready in a flash. Cooking for a vegetarian? Swap in vegetable stock for the beef broth.Danielle Noble, Ft. Thomas, Kentucky
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the rice,
- contents of seasoning packets, broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cream and heat
- through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 399 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.