Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the rice, contents of seasoning packets, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cream and heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 399 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
"This soup was super good and quick and easy! I added a little parsley and basil too! And substituted 30 calorie almond milk for a lower calorie soup! Was delicious. I loved it!"