Frequently requested at family get-togethers, this rich and hearty soup is ready in a flash. Cooking for a vegetarian? Swap in vegetable stock for the beef broth.—Danielle Noble, Ft. Thomas, Kentucky
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the rice, contents of seasoning packets, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cream and heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p97
Reviews for Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2013
"This soup was super good and quick and easy! I added a little parsley and basil too! And substituted 30 calorie almond milk for a lower calorie soup! Was delicious. I loved it!"