- 1 package (6-1/4 ounces) quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Spoon into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with broccoli and ham. Combine the soup, mayonnaise and mustard. Spread over rice mixture and mix gently.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice and Ham Casserole
"Love this!! Made with a wild rice blend, cubed ham steak and cream of chicken soup (didn't have cream of mushroom). I used left over fresh cooked broccoli and would probably use more than I had available (maybe one cup - so the 10 oz recommendation would likely work). VERY tasty. I wasn't sure about 2 teaspoons mustard, but it was enough and gave it a good spice. Will definitely make again - hubby raved!!"
"Thought this tasted good, but was too salty and all the mayo did not make my stomach too happy."
"This was delicious. Just the thing for leftover ham"
"After seeing this recipe on another site and reading the reviews there about too much mayo I followed one of the reviewers suggestions. Instead of 1 c mayo I used 1/3c of mayo and 1/3 c of sour cream and it turned out great.It was a hit in my house and I will definitely make it again."
"I don't know if perhaps I used too much mayo but that taste seemed to overpower it greatly. If I try it again I'd welcome substitutions or variation suggestions."
"This one was a great recipe. My 5 kids loved it. I was not sure about the mustard..but it tasted great. I did not have cream of mushroom so I used cream of chicken. I will make this again!"