Wild Plum Jelly Recipe
- 5 pounds wild plums, halved and pitted
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7-1/2 cups sugar
- In a stockpot, simmer plums and water until tender, about 30 minutes. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Place plum mixture in strainer; cover with edges of cheesecloth. Let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid measures 5-1/2 cups.
- Return liquid to the pan. Add pectin; stir and bring to a boil. Add sugar; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 8 half-pints.
Reviews for Wild Plum Jelly(11)
Sort By :
Modified this so it would work in my jam maker, I used an immersion blender to break up the plums to make jam instead of jelly. Came out beautiful, great color & flavor. It is so pretty I am going to give it as gifts for Xmas.
Growing up, my grandmother always had plum jelly for me. When I made it, was never like hers. So glad I found this recipe. It's like having nana back again.
Made several batches of this and it is easy and DELICIOUS! I do not use cheese cloth to strain only a strainer, we like the bits of plum in our jelly!
This recipe is easy to make and it is so Delicious.
this recipe is easy to make and it taste Delicious.