Wild Mushroom Soup "Cappuccino" Recipe
Soup makes for a cheerful party hors d'oeuvre when served in a small vessel like an espresso cup. With a dollop of whipped cream, it looks like a frothy cappuccino. For accompanying recipes, entertaining tips and a video, visit tasteofhome.com/katielee. —Katie Lee
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups mixed wild mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Creme fraiche, for garnish
- Flat-leaf parsley, minced, for garnish
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic
- 2. and bay leaf. Cook until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add mushrooms and cook until tender and any moisture has evaporated.
- 4. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add
- 5. vegetable broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to a simmer,
- 6. cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in cream and cook an additional 10
- 7. minutes, stirring often.
- 8. Serve in an espresso cup garnished with creme fraiche and parsley. Yield: serves 12 to 14 (about 7 cups).
1/2 cup (calculated without garnishes) equals 184 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,224 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Mushroom Soup "Cappuccino"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC