Wild Mushroom Ravioli Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine water and porcini mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Finely chop mushrooms; set aside.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and shiitake mushrooms in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add porcini mushrooms and 1/4 cup soaking liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of mushroom mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water, being sure to moisten wrapper all the way to the filling. Top with another wonton wrapper, pressing down around filling to seal. Trim about 1/4 in. from edges if desired. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- 4. Bring a large saucepan or Dutch oven of water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain and keep warm.
- 5. In a small saucepan, saute button mushrooms and garlic in remaining butter. Add tomato sauce; heat through. Serve over ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ravioli with 1/3 cup sauce equals 331 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Mushroom Ravioli
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.