Wild Mushroom Ravioli Recipe
Created by our Test Kitchen, this easy recipe for homemade ravioli has a yummy twist. Instead of pasta, the creamy mushroom filling is served inside crispy wonton wrappers for a meal that’s light and satisfying.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, combine water and porcini mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Finely chop mushrooms; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and shiitake mushrooms in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add porcini mushrooms and 1/4 cup soaking liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of mushroom mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water, being sure to moisten wrapper all the way to the filling. Top with another wonton wrapper, pressing down around filling to seal. Trim about 1/4 in. from edges if desired. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Bring a large saucepan or Dutch oven of water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, saute button mushrooms and garlic in remaining butter. Add tomato sauce; heat through. Serve over ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wild Mushroom Ravioli in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Wild Mushroom Ravioli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >