Wild Goose with Giblet Stuffing Recipe
- 1 wild goose (6 to 8 pounds)
- Lemon wedges
- Goose giblets
- 2 cups water
- 10 cups crumbled corn bread
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Butter, softened
- Rub inside goose cavity with lemon and salt; set aside. In a saucepan, cook giblets in water until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove giblets with a slotted spoon and reserve liquid. Chop giblets and place in a large bowl with the corn bread, apples, onion, parsley, sage, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a moist stuffing; toss gently. Stuff the body and neck cavity; truss openings. Place goose, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Spread with softened butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes per pound or until fully cooked and tender. If goose is an older bird, add 1 cup of water to pan and cover for the last hour of baking. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Goose with Giblet Stuffing in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p35
Reviews for Wild Goose with Giblet Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review