Wild Asparagus Salad
When most fresh vegetables are yet to sprout, the first shoots of asparagus make a mouthwatering treat. This is the first vegetables dish on our table every year.Karen Grasley, Quadeville, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound wild asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a shallow dish; top with olives and egg.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar,
- sugar, salt, paprika, mustard and cayenne pepper; shake well. Pour
- over asparagus. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with
- tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium,