- 3/4 pound wild asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a shallow dish; top with olives and egg.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard and cayenne pepper; shake well. Pour over asparagus. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wild Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p59
Reviews for Wild Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review