These deliciously different baked apples are bursting with fall flavor. The combination of apple with pistachios, dried cranberries and dried apricots is so tasty, you'll want to make these again and again. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large tart apples
- Gummy worms
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apples; fill with pistachio mixture. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover, bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Spoon pan juices over the tops. Garnish with gummy worms. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wiggly-Worm Baked Apples in Halloween Party Favorites 2009 2009, p32
Reviews for Wiggly-Worm Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review