- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large tart apples
- Gummy worms
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apples; fill with pistachio mixture. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover, bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Spoon pan juices over the tops. Garnish with gummy worms. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Wiggly-Worm Baked Apples
"After making these last night, my husband asked me this morning when I was going to make them again!!!! A sure sign of a hit!"
"<p>I made it the way the recipe advised but then after seeing how it turned out in reality. I decided to take out the pistachios mixture(I substituted the pistachios with pecans) after the apple was cooked with them inside. Then peel off the skin and cut the apple into half slices and poorer the mixture over top. It was a lot easier to eat this way and it allows you too decide how much apple you want on your plate. The whole apple i felt was too much. & as far as the gummy worms I just left them out because they aren't really necessary</p>"
"It's very good!!! And ummm the gummy worms are obviously for a Halloween touch...."
"Just plain yucky!!!!!!!!!!1111"
"This rating is for the idiot that dosen't do gummy worms, there just a garnish for the season!"