Wiener Stew Recipe
This flavorful stew will be a wonderful one-pot dish to serve on a cool winter night.—Lori Weimor, Somerset, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 wieners (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add milk and wieners; return to a boil. Meanwhile, blend flour and butter. Add to boiling stew, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 202 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC