You may chill the veal for 30 minutes after coating it if desired, making the recipe more convenient while preparing other foods. Emma West, Leoma, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 veal cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 lemon slices
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Place the flour, eggs and bread
- crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat veal with flour, then dip in
- eggs and coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook veal in butter for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with lemon.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 veal cutlet equals 453 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.