These whimsical treats are sure to bring smiles. They look and taste great—whoooo wouldn't love them? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/2 cup Froot Loops
- 1/4 cup chocolate frosting
- Assorted candies: candy corn, butterscotch or chocolate chips
- 48 rye chips
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting.
- On each cookie, attach Froot Loops with chocolate frosting for eyes. Cut off yellow end from candy corn. With chocolate frosting, attach candy corn for beaks and butterscotch chips for ears.
- Cut a slit in each cupcake and carefully insert cookie owls. For wings, press rye chips into white frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Wide-Eyed Owl Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p15
Reviews for Wide-Eyed Owl Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review