These whimsical treats are sure to bring smiles. They look and taste great—whoooo wouldn't love them? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/2 cup Froot Loops
- 1/4 cup chocolate frosting
- Assorted candies: candy corn, butterscotch or chocolate chips
- 48 rye chips
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting.
- On each cookie, attach Froot Loops with chocolate frosting for eyes. Cut off yellow end from candy corn. With chocolate frosting, attach candy corn for beaks and butterscotch chips for ears.
- Cut a slit in each cupcake and carefully insert cookie owls. For wings, press rye chips into white frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Wide-Eyed Owl Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p15
Reviews for Wide-Eyed Owl Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2015
"These are adorable! My son has an owl theme in kindergarten this year so we made these to take in to his class. All the kids and the teacher absolutely loved them."