Wicked Witch Stuffed Potatoes
Here's a yummy side dish that suits the season. These rich, cheesy potatoes are a nice savory way to work Halloween into your menu. They're sure to cast a spell that produces smiles on the fun-loving folks around your table.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 3 ounces Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 slices ripe olives
- 4 small serrano peppers, stems removed
- 4 green pepper strips
- 4 blue corn chips
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the
- pulp. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, milk, butter and salt. Spoon into
- potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until
- cheese is melted.
- Using the tomato halves, olive slices, serrano peppers and pepper
- strips, create a face on each potato half. Add corn chip hats.
- Yield: 4 servings.