I don’t always have time to make whoopie pies from scratch, so I tweaked a cake mix recipe to create these. Try a bit of peanut butter in the filling, too. Whoopee for saving time! —Nundi Harris, Las Vegas
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix and butter until well combined. Beat
- in eggs. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for
- 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl beat marshmallow creme and cream cheese until blended
- (do not overbeat). Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the
- cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Store, covered, in refrigerator
- 1-2 hours or until filling is set. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich cookie equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.