Whoopie Cookies Recipe
I don’t always have time to make whoopie pies from scratch, so I tweaked a cake mix recipe to create these. Try a bit of peanut butter in the filling, too. Whoopee for saving time! —Nundi Harris, Las Vegas
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cake mix and butter until well combined. Beat in eggs. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl beat marshmallow creme and cream cheese until blended (do not overbeat). Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Store, covered, in refrigerator 1-2 hours or until filling is set. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC