- carrot is chopped. Add red pepper and onion; cover and pulse until
- red pepper is chopped. Add beans; cover and process until mixture is
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, walnuts, Italian seasoning,
- salt, pepper, cornmeal, bulgur and carrot mixture; stir until
- mixture is firm (mixture will be sticky). Shape into 12 patties.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook four
- patties in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- lightly browned. Repeat with remaining patties and oil. Serve on
- buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 306 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.