Wholesome Burger Buns Recipe
I make this recipe on a regular basis in the summer months when we're grilling up our favorite burgers.—Loraine Thomas, Kamsack, Saskatchewan
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 16 portions; shape each into a ball.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 16 buns.
One bun equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Wholesome Burger Buns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC