- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 16 portions; shape each into a ball.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 16 buns.
Reviews for Wholesome Burger Buns(2)
Sort By :
We made these for our end of the year school celebration. They had great taste and we made them without the poppy and sunflower seeds because we didn't have any. Just make sure that if you keep your yeast in the refrigarator, let it come to room temperature first or else they'll be flat.
can these be made with out a bread machine