Wholesome Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in the banana, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Wholesome Banana Bread
Sort By :
"I ended up using almost all wheat flour and it still was amazing, delicious and moist. My husband usually hates the healthier recipes I make but he loved this banana bread. Making it again today!"
"Very nice and moist. I quadrupled the recipe and it made a nice amount. Everyone loved it. Next time I might add some walnuts and maybe some more whole wheat flour in it, but otherwise awesome!"