- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in the banana, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Wholesome Banana Bread
"I ended up using almost all wheat flour and it still was amazing, delicious and moist. My husband usually hates the healthier recipes I make but he loved this banana bread. Making it again today!"
"Very nice and moist. I quadrupled the recipe and it made a nice amount. Everyone loved it. Next time I might add some walnuts and maybe some more whole wheat flour in it, but otherwise awesome!"