Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-3/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat egg substitute until frothy. Stir in the milk, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flours, sugar substitute, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into milk mixture just until combined. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 20 waffles (4-in. x 4-in.).
Reviews for Whole Wheat Waffles
Sort By :
I loved this recipe. It called for all simple ingredients that I already had around the house and was super easy to make. The waffles had a sweet taste, and you can't beat the calories.
I've made this recipe several times - it's so healthy and light. Sometimes I use light vanilla yogurt instead of plain - gives it a wonderful flavour!
Very light and tasty. These freeze really well and are not mushy when you pop them in the toaster oven. I always make extras now and throw the rest in the freezer.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >