Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green and sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring sauce ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans. Prick dough with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Spread pizzas with sauce; sprinkle with vegetables and cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 179 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.