- smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl,
- turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring sauce ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes or until slightly
- thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 12-in.
- circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans. Prick dough with
- a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Spread
- pizzas with sauce; sprinkle with vegetables and cheese. Bake for
- 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 179 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.