"These soft, chewy cookies make a super snack," relates subscriber Jana Horsfall from Garden City, Kansas. "Their light cinnamon taste goes great with a cold glass of milk."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and egg white; beat well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake. Yield: 30 servings.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p64
Reviews for Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review