Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and egg white; beat well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake. Yield: 30 servings.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles(7)
Sort By :
Great cookie. I'm always looking for recipes that use whole wheat flour. This is a keeper. Also, I used two whole eggs instead of one and a white and they turned out find.
Have made these over and over. My friend's kids, visiting from England, loved them so much, I keep sending them a batch whenever I get a chance.
The best EVER!! LOVE THEM!!
I think we have a new favorite cookie! I used 2 3/4 cups of wheat pastry flour. They are soft and yummy.
I make these cookies at least every other week-at 138 cal for 2 cookies I'm okay with these in Phase III of the South Beach diet. I made them for work and had to post the recipe, I had so many requests.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >