Whole Wheat Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg substitute, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Spoon into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 208 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Pumpkin Nut Bread
"I've been making this every fall for several years. I substitute mini chocolate chips for the walnuts. You can make two loaves with 1 can of pumpkin. It makes a great gift for friends. My homeschool group loved it."
"I haven't tried making it yet but wondered if you could substitute Slenda for the sugar?Sheila"
"Excellent! I substituted the walnuts for pine nuts and it's delicious! I would never be able to tell that it is from whole wheat flour just by tasting it."