Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread
I created this recipe after tasting a similar bread. The pumpkin and pudding mix add moistness while the whole wheat flour adds nutrition. It’s a perfect quick bread for this time of year, for breakfast or any meal.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking
- soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and
- pumpkin. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into
- two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).