Pizza, egg pockets, stromboli—this make-ahead dough has endless potential for quick and impressive breakfasts, lunches or dinners. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in enough white whole wheat flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Punch down dough; divide into three portions. Use immediately, refrigerate overnight or freeze for up to 1 month. Yield: 3 pounds (enough for 3 pizzas).
Originally published as Whole Wheat Pizza Dough in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p28
Reviews for Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review