Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizzas Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Roll into two 14-in. circles. Transfer to two 14-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Spread oil over each crust. Top with the pizza sauce, oregano, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, onion and green pepper. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas.
One slice equals 343 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizzas
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.