- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Roll into two 14-in. circles. Transfer to two 14-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Spread oil over each crust. Top with the pizza sauce, oregano, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, onion and green pepper. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizzas
Sort By :
This crust is awesome! My husband doesn't care for pizza but he says this is the best pizza he's ever had. I make my own pizza sauce from a recipe called Exquisite Pizza Sauce on allrecipes.com. Since there are only 3 of us, I freeze half the dough for later.
move over, Digorno... there is a new pizza in this house! Learning to use my bread maker for more than just bread and this is fast becoming a favorite! The crust is very tasty and the fact that it makes 2 makes me a happy momma. The kids get their own & the parents get ours made the way we like it!! Leftovers are pretty tasty too!! =)