- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Roll into two 14-in. circles. Transfer to two 14-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Spread oil over each crust. Top with the pizza sauce, oregano, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, onion and green pepper. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizzas
"This crust is awesome! My husband doesn't care for pizza but he says this is the best pizza he's ever had. I make my own pizza sauce from a recipe called Exquisite Pizza Sauce on allrecipes.com. Since there are only 3 of us, I freeze half the dough for later."
"move over, Digorno... there is a new pizza in this house! Learning to use my bread maker for more than just bread and this is fast becoming a favorite! The crust is very tasty and the fact that it makes 2 makes me a happy momma. The kids get their own & the parents get ours made the way we like it!! Leftovers are pretty tasty too!! =)"