Whole Wheat Pancakes
To fix a large batch of tender pancakes for my five children, I rely on this fuss-free recipe. It calls for whole wheat flour and buttermilk, which make the pancakes very filling but also very light. Serve them with hot chocolate for a breakfast that's sure to delight little ones.Line Walter, Wayne, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking
- spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 20 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 157 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat..