Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 20 pancakes.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Pancakes(10)
Sort By :
These were great! Added some vanilla extract for some added flavor since wheat can be bland. My toddler loved them!
Very good! A little flat, but very delicious! I used coconut oil in place of canola and an egg white ratio to lower cholesterol. Awesome pancakes. I will make this again.
This was the first time I'd made pancakes in 30 years. I usually fix waffles. This is a great recipe! They ARE very light and we'll definitely have them again.
These were pretty good - but they lacked in flavor. Maybe a little more salt and some sugar would help? They were also not fluffy enough for my taste.
These were quick and delicious. I substituted low-fat buttermilk and added blueberries.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >