Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
In Grand Valley, Ontario, Wendy Masters often slices into a tender loaf of this hearty bread featuring two popular grains. "It has a pretty golden crust and great flavor," she writes.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 101 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.