Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe
In Grand Valley, Ontario, Wendy Masters often slices into a tender loaf of this hearty bread featuring two popular grains. "It has a pretty golden crust and great flavor," she writes.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 101 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC