- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
Sort By :
"This is my go to bread now."
"This bread is SO delicious. But it did seem to rise too high, so I am going to have to try it with a little less yeast and see how it comes out. It didn't produce much bread with the way the top rose, bubbled and popped... it left a gaping hole in the top. But oh my goodness... we broke off the side pieces and ate them warm with butter and it was like dessert!"
"I HAVEN'T MADE THIS BREAD BUT I WONDER HOW IT CAN BE CALLED WHOLE WHEAT BREAD WITH ONLY 1 CUP OF WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. I USE ALL WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR AND ADD 2 TO 3 TBS OF VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN AND IT WORKS GREAT."
"This is a great tasting bread. I take it out of the bread machine because of living in high altitude which cause bread to raise very quickly here. I divide it into a muffin pan and make 12 rolls that I freeze and bring out and warm up and serve. Very good and low in sugar for diabetic diets."