Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe
In Grand Valley, Ontario, Wendy Masters often slices into a tender loaf of this hearty bread featuring two popular grains. "It has a pretty golden crust and great flavor," she writes.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p19
Reviews for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review