Whole Wheat Gingerbread Recipe
Gingerbread is an old favorite because it's simple to make. I learned that pioneers served gingerbread with meals, but now it's considered a dessert! Serve hot or cold, with a dollop of whipped or ice cream.
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups milk
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat molasses, honey, oil and eggs until well-mixed. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk to the egg mixture. Pour batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with chilled whipped cream. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Gingerbread in Country Extra January 1991, p45
Reviews for Whole Wheat Gingerbread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review