Whole Wheat Dog Biscuits
For a wholesome, healthy treat for your treasured family dog, try these easy biscuits. Your pup will be so excited when he tries these delicious treats!—Rose Crawford, Springfield, Illinois
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Combine flour, wheat germ and garlic in a large bowl. Cut in butter.
- Stir in egg, milk and molasses. Add enough water so mixture can be
- shaped into a ball. Roll dough onto a floured surface to a thickness
- of 1/2 in. Cut into desired shapes and place on a greased baking
- sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Cool. Yield: about 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.