Whole Wheat Dog Biscuits Recipe
For a wholesome, healthy treat for your treasured family dog, try these easy biscuits. Your pup will be so excited when he tries these delicious treats!Rose Crawford, Springfield, Illinois
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Combine flour, wheat germ and garlic in a large bowl. Cut in butter. Stir in egg, milk and molasses. Add enough water so mixture can be shaped into a ball. Roll dough onto a floured surface to a thickness of 1/2 in. Cut into desired shapes and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Dog Biscuits in Country Extra September 1995, p53
Reviews for Whole Wheat Dog Biscuits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2010
I made these biscuits for my dog and a visitor dog as a special treat for Christmas. I used regular cookie cutters and my canine buddies got dog biscuits shaped like gingerbread men.