Whole Wheat Cranberry Scones Recipe
With a biscuit-like texture, these sweet scones are wonderful spread with butter or jam. Serve them alongside a medley of berries at your next holiday brunch…or enjoy them as an afternoon snack with a hot cup of tea.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine the egg, yogurt and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Turn onto a floured surface, knead 6-8 times.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Transfer each portion to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges, but do not separate. Brush with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
1 each: 226 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Whole Wheat Cranberry Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC