Whole Wheat Cookies Recipe
These soft, old-fashioned cookies are quite flavorful. With the goodness of wheat germ, they make a wholesome snack.—Bertie Carter, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Whole Wheat Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC