Whole Wheat Cookies Recipe
These soft, old-fashioned cookies are quite flavorful. With the goodness of wheat germ, they make a wholesome snack.Bertie Carter, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p45
Reviews for Whole Wheat Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >