- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup warm water. Add the oil, sugar, molasses, salt and remaining water. Combine flours; add 3 cups flour to mixture. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape each portion into a loaf. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices).
Reviews for Whole Wheat Bread(15)
Sort By :
Amazing bread! Rose a lot! Huge loaves.
Excellent great texture and flavor. I only needed to use 6 1/2 cups of mixed flour.
This makes excellent bread, we had it tonight with Turkey soup and it was a big hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It was easy to make and I like the fact that it makes two loaves, one is never enough.
This a great bread. Its good tasting and full of flaver. I`m not a baker as a rule but this was good the first time I tried it.
I was looking for a good whole wheat bread recipe an this is great made a few changes, added bran, flax seed an more whole wheat flour. my husband an I love it